Please request your vacation with a member of the student services team.
- Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 8 weeks at ILAC KISS
- Vacation requests must be submitted with a minimum of 2 week’s notice.
- A strong reason for the request must be provided and ILAC has the right to refuse approval.
- University Pathway students must speak with a Pathway Specialist before applying for a vacation.
- If you are in an ILAC Accommodation, you must contact your Homestay Coordinator to discuss your stay with the homestay family during your vacation period. Please be advised that the vacation approval will depend on properly communicating your leave to the Homestay department.
- Vacations must be at least 2 weeks long. Maximum vacation period in KISS is 4 weeks.
- Students must ensure their visa status will permit them to take a vacation. You may need to get a visa extension to continue studying. Refunds will not be given for deferred tuition as a result of a vacation.
- If you request a vacation with less than 2 weeks’ notice due to an unexpected situation, you will be required to pay a non-refundable administration fee of CAD $50 and show proof of your situation. For example – if your parents are coming to visit you and you intend to travel with them, we need to see a photocopy of their plane tickets.
- Junior students are not permitted to request vacation without written consent from their parents/legal guardian.
- Junior students in a packaged-program are not permitted to take vacations